[comp.graphics] What to buy with $150,000

lipman@dtrc.dt.navy.mil (Lipman) (11/29/90)

We've got $150,000 to spend on a computer graphics visualization
system.  Currently, we run an Apollo network with about 25 nodes.
We do CFD and finite element analysis.  Video output is important.

Who would you buy from and how would you configure a system.
SGI, IBM, SUN, STARDENT, etc.  The primary concern is graphics
speed but for $150k we'll get a lot of CPU speed too.

Benchmarks would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bob Lipman (e-mail please)

dave@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer) (12/06/90)

In article <4539@oasys.dt.navy.mil> lipman@dtrc.dt.navy.mil (Robert Lipman) writes:
 >We've got $150,000 to spend on a computer graphics visualization
 >system.

Well, the first thing you should do is hire a consultant...  ;-)
--
How can you tell if Bush is lying?   | David Messer       dave@Lynx.MN.Org -or-
      Watch his lips...              | Computer Consultant ..!tcnet!viper!dave