[comp.graphics] BGI driver,256 colors 640x480

yackob@eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca (Kerry Yackoboski) (12/11/90)

In article <9012062241.AA04539@water.cee.clarkson.edu.> pdy@water.cee.clarkson.edu (P. D. Yapa) writes:
>Subject: BGI driver for 256 colors in 640 x 480
>As far as I know the standard VGA does not allow 256 colors.
>Can somebody tell me where I can get BGI driver for Turbo C that allows
>reproduction using Turbo C.  [ We have a ATI VGA wonder card with 512 K]
>Note: we Have a BGI driver that does 800x600 by 256 colors but it does not
>do the 640x480 mode.
>Thanks  in advance
>Pooji Yapa                  <  pdy.sun.soe.clarkson.edu >

	A third party driver called `svgabg15' is available via anonymous ftp.
I got mine from wuarchive.wustl.edu, in the directory
mirrors/msdos/borland/* .  I've successfully used it with Turbo Pascal 5.5.
I'd credit the company that released it, but I forget their name - something
like Jordan Harmonix.  I recommend the driver.

--
Kerry Yackoboski 	<yackob@eeserv.ee.umanitoba.ca>
The Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Laboratory in the Cellar