[comp.graphics] HP 7550 Plus Pen Force

jeff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Jeff Bangert) (12/08/90)

How to program pen force on the HP 7550 Plus plotter?

I've got a new HP 7550 Plus ( very nice device ).  I've got all four
of the manuals, including the two HP-GL/2 manuals.

The Product Brief ( dated 7/90, HP 5952-2214 ) says, "Acceleration
Approximately 6g; Pen force, from the program or front panel: -15 to
66 grams".  I have no trouble setting the pen force from the panel.  I
can't find any place in the manuals where it is explained how to set
the pen force from a program.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

 --

Jeff Bangert                    BITNET: JEFF@UKANVM
Academic Computing Services     Internet: jeff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

cld@kd4nc.UUCP (Charles D'Englere) (12/11/90)

jeff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Jeff Bangert) writes:

>How to program pen force on the HP 7550 Plus plotter?

>I've got a new HP 7550 Plus ( very nice device ).  I've got all four
>of the manuals, including the two HP-GL/2 manuals.

>The Product Brief ( dated 7/90, HP 5952-2214 ) says, "Acceleration
>Approximately 6g; Pen force, from the program or front panel: -15 to
>66 grams".  I have no trouble setting the pen force from the panel.  I
>can't find any place in the manuals where it is explained how to set
>the pen force from a program.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks.

> --
>
>Jeff Bangert                    BITNET: JEFF@UKANVM
>Academic Computing Services     Internet: jeff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
>University of Kansas            Phone: (913) 864-0466
>Lawrence, KS 66045

The command that you need to use is "FS" or "Force Select". This will
set the force of the pen(s) from your program. NOTE: Be careful with
this command when using drafting pens. Not only do they rip the paper
if the force is too high, they cut into the rollers as well.

Hope this information helps.

Charles D'Englere
--
C. D'Englere Consulting          UUCP: {...!gatech,!emory}!kd4nc!cld
  Charles L. D'Englere             Phone: 404+3259074