[comp.graphics] Raytraced animations FTPable

hole@tolsun.oulu.fi (Jari K{hk|nen) (12/13/90)

>From: chris@ncmicro.lonestar.org (Chris Arps)

>I had too much trouble trying to mail an animation to everyone who
>requested it.  I posted it to alt.binaries.multimedia rather than
>this newsgroup as it is about 200K of news.

  There are a few animation demos, made with the "Rayscene" animation utility
FTPable from tolsun.oulu.fi (128.214.5.6) in the
directory /pub/rayscene/anim.PC (for "Autodesk Animator" on the PC) and in
/pub/rayscene/anim.amiga (for "Movie" on the Amiga). Here
is a short description of the animation files:

PC-stuff:
aaplay.lzh    Autodesk Animator animation player, freely distributable
rdice.lzh     One mirrored die rounding over chess board
2dice.lzh     Two dice ...
movdice.lzh   same as above, but viewpoint moves
bouncing.lzh  Mirrored ball bouncing over chess board
2balls.lzh    Two mirrored, color-changing balls moving over wavy surface.
              Animation data files created with Rayscene's soon-released utili-
              ty, "Sin". Data file and array file by Panu Hassi. This animation
              (Amiga version) can also be found from anim.amiga
              NOTE: When Sin is released with Rayscene version 1.31, datafile
              and arrayfile are included (and explained too.)
vortdemo.lzh  Combination of three different animations:cylinder, mech and
              Chess. These animations are usually distributed with VORT-tracer.
              NOTE: No Rayscene used. Just for fun...and there seems to be a
              request for raytraced animations...

Amiga:

 At the moment, only 2balls is available. There's going to be more...

 Rayscene was released only a few weeks ago, so there are going to be more
animations here. Email me for more information.

NOTICE: Rayscene is now available from iear.arts.rpi.edu also. (Directory
/pub/graphics/ray/rayscene). Animations are available only from tolsun...

-Jari

P.S. DKBTracer was used for rendering.

Email:Hole@Tolsun.oulu.fi
Jari K{hk|nen |Phone:               |Institute of data | MICKEY MOUSE PANTS???
Aleksi  56D29 |(Home) +358-81-226980|Processing Science| You dont't look Cool!
90120 Oulu    |(work) +358-81-481122|University of Oulu|You look like an IDIOT!
Suomi Finland |                     |      T O L       |      -Calvin