[comp.graphics] Frame Grabber with Intel 80860 CPU

craig@mstr.hgc.edu (craig chaiken) (12/31/90)

I am currently using the Truevision AT-Vista board with a 50 Mhz TMS 34010
GSP for an image capturing/processing application.  The TMS 34010 has
proven to be VERY slow, so I am currently looking for a frame grabber with
a more powerful on-board CPU, such as the Intel 80860.  I am looking for
recommendations on where I might find such a product.

Thanks,
     Craig Chaiken
     craig@mstr.hgc.edu

rsargent@alias.UUCP (Richard Sargent) (01/01/91)

In article <1990Dec30.210946.321@mstr.hgc.edu> craig@mstr.hgc.edu (craig chaiken) writes:
>I am currently using the Truevision AT-Vista board with a 50 Mhz TMS 34010
>GSP for an image capturing/processing application.  The TMS 34010 has
>proven to be VERY slow, so I am currently looking for a frame grabber with
>a more powerful on-board CPU, such as the Intel 80860.  I am looking for
>recommendations on where I might find such a product.

At my previous employment, we were talking with Truevision about
their '860 based products (called Horizon). To the best of my
knowledge, these should be available on the market now.

I recommend you call Truevision and talk to them. I don't have any
address or telephone information handy, but it will be in your
Vista manuals.

Good luck.