[comp.graphics] X frameview program?

ss7m+@andrew.cmu.edu (Steven M. Stadnicki) (01/04/91)

I'm looking for a program running under X that can be used to view a series of
files representing an animation, allowing you to view single frames, (slowly)
step through the whole thing, go to the next frame, last frame, etc.  It's easy
enough to do, but I'd rather be able to use someone else's, so I don't have to
(once again) re-invent the wheel...

                               Steven Stadnicki
                               ss7m@andrew.cmu.edu

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (01/04/91)

In article <wbUr0E_00Vp4E3_1UZ@andrew.cmu.edu>
	ss7m+@andrew.cmu.edu (Steven M. Stadnicki) writes:
>I'm looking for a program running under X that can be used to view a series of
>files representing an animation [...]

The Utah Raster Toolkit viewer for X11, getx11, has a "movie mode"
that allows exactly this.  The URT contains tools to convert to and
from most image formats and is available by anonymous FTP to
cs.utah.edu as well as several other sites.  It is mentioned in the
FAQ posting by Jeff Poskanzer.

							-- Rich
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
    ``Read my MIPs -- no new VAXes!!''  --George Bush after sniffing freon