[comp.graphics] Targa file format

david@ctr.columbia.edu (David Freidlander) (12/31/90)

We are looking for a description/technical reference for the TARGA
graphics format, and would appreciate any info/pointers that anyone
could provide.

Thanks in advance.

David Friedlander
Center for Telecommunications Research

bmay@chips.com (Brad May) (01/05/91)

In article <1990Dec31.150922.2957@ctr.columbia.edu> david@ctr.columbia.edu (David Freidlander) writes:

>We are looking for a description/technical reference for the TARGA
>graphics format, and would appreciate any info/pointers that anyone
>could provide.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>David Friedlander
>Center for Telecommunications Research

I have been looking for the same references.  If anyone can tell me where to
get these (pref. email or anonymous ftp) can you send these to me also?

Thank you, thank you!

bmay@chips.com

david@ctr.columbia.edu (David Freidlander) (01/07/91)

Warmest thanks to everyone who responded (very quickly) to my request
for information on the TARGA file format.  Several people have asked
me to forward information to them as well, so I'm posting this
summary.

To make a long story short, several people let me know that the
information on the "Truevision Image File Format" is available from
the Truevision company.

Both Walter Wright (walter@truevision.com) and David Spoelstra
(davids@truevision.com) saw the posting and asked me to send my
SnailMail address so they could mail me the Version 2.0 TGA File
Format Spec and a disk of C routines to read and write it.  I did, of
course, and am sure these items will arrive soon.

Several other people responded as well with the following information:
The authors of the Targa standard are Truevision Inc.

Address:

Truevision, Inc.
7340 Shadeland Station
Indianapolis, IN 46256-3925