[comp.graphics] UNIX MacDraw-a-like ?

bijal@hpopd.pwd.hp.com (Bijal Shah) (01/04/91)

	I am looking for a MacDraw like program for UNIX and X11.
	I've used xpic until now, but I find that it is too limited
	in what it can do, and there and are too many things that it cannot
	do (like grouping objects and resizing of these objects).

	Thanks in advance.

						BJ

himsolt@trillian-gw.fmi.uni-passau.de (Michael Himsolt) (01/07/91)

Bijal> 	I am looking for a MacDraw like program for UNIX and X11.

You might take a look at idraw (distributed  with InterViews 2.6,
runs  under X-Windows). It  has many (if   not all) features from
MacDraw 1.*, and is also quite mac-like in its appeareance.

-- Michael
--
Michael Himsolt,  Universitaet Passau,  Postfach 2540,  D-8390 Passau,  GERMANY
himsolt@fmi.uni-passau.de                             graphed@fmi.uni-passau.de

jdm5548@diamond.tamu.edu (James Darrell McCauley) (01/08/91)

Article: 558 of alt.graphics.pixutils

Newsgroups: alt.graphics.pixutils,comp.windows.x
Subject: Re: X-window paint programs
Date: 5 Jan 91 17:41:30 GMT
Sender: news@mips.COM

In article <7958@hub.ucsb.edu> jim@ferkel.ucsb.edu (Jim Lick) writes:
>I've asked around, and I can't believe what people are telling me!  Is it
>really true that there aren't any simple X-windows paint programs?  I mean
>besides the silly bitmap program.
>
>In case there IS something out there, I'd like the ability to draw lines,
>put in bitmapped text, simple polygons, etc.  And output to g3 fax, pcx, or
>any of the pbm formats.

Long ago I wrote 'xpaint' which is a VERY crude version of MacPaint.
It can draw lines, bitmapped text, and a couble of other things.  It
tends to be a bit slow, and has one or two bugs, but it is free and
available in the 'comp.sources.x' archives.

For those of you who actually know of this program, I've not yet
begun to work on "Version 2", since I've not had any copious free
time recently (even though I almost started it over the holidays).

--
name : David Koblas                        domain: koblas@cs.uoregon.edu
place: Nowhere, I'm just an AI batch job.  domain: koblas@mips.com

ization: