[comp.graphics] A. M. Day's Convex Hull Algorithm

ckirsch@orion.eng.clemson.edu (Chuck Kirschman) (01/08/91)

I need to complete a program to "shrink wrap" a set of 3D points.  However,
rather than reinventing the wheel, I was lucky enough to come across a paper
by A. M. Day at the University of Anglia in Norwich.  The paper was in
ACM Transactions on Graphics last January.  It references to another paper
which contains the complete code, or so it is implied.  I would like to get
a copy of this, but it is listed as "Memo CGP 87/5, Dept. of Computing
Science, Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich, U.K., 1987".  Does this mean that
it's enitrely unaccessable?  Does anybody have a copy of this who could
forward it to me?  Anybody have the Email address of Dr. Day??

This is very important to a project I'm working on, and time is of the
essence since I need to implement it (in c) by next week.  Please help
if you can!!!

thanks, chuck

Chuck Kirschman                     Internet:  ckirsch@eng.clemson.edu
Mechanical Engineering Dept.                   ckirsch@clust1.clemson.edu
Clemson University                  Bitnet:    ckirsch@clemson.clemson.edu

chalmers@EuroPARC.Xerox.COM (Matthew Chalmers) (01/09/91)

In article <12506@hubcap.clemson.edu>, ckirsch@orion.eng.clemson.edu (Chuck Kirschman) writes:
> I need to complete a program to "shrink wrap" a set of 3D points.  However,
> rather than reinventing the wheel, I was lucky enough to come across a paper
> by A. M. Day at the University of Anglia in Norwich.  The paper was in
> ACM Transactions on Graphics last January.  It references to another paper
> which contains the complete code, or so it is implied.  I would like to get
> a copy of this, but it is listed as "Memo CGP 87/5, Dept. of Computing
> Science, Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich, U.K., 1987".  Does this mean that
> it's enitrely unaccessable?  Does anybody have a copy of this who could
> forward it to me?  Anybody have the Email address of Dr. Day??
>
> This is very important to a project I'm working on, and time is of the
> essence since I need to implement it (in c) by next week.  Please help
> if you can!!!
>
> thanks, chuck
>
> Chuck Kirschman                     Internet:  ckirsch@eng.clemson.edu
> Mechanical Engineering Dept.                   ckirsch@clust1.clemson.edu
> Clemson University                  Bitnet:    ckirsch@clemson.clemson.edu

Andy's mail address is amd@sys.uea.ac.uk - if you mail him there he'll
probably reply, as he's a decent bloke.

(And he's not a doctor yet... hi andy! :-)

To get a CGP memo you should either contact him or the School Librarian
at the following address (note that this is different from the main library).

Computational Geometry Project
School of Information Systems
University of East Anglia
Norwich, Norfolk
NR4 7TJ
United Kingdom

Or telephone the university on [44] 603 56161 and ask. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matthew Chalmers
(an ex-CGP dude)