[comp.graphics] World Map database and viewer

murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) (01/09/91)

Are there any world map databases floating around on the net?  With a
viewer (for X or News) if possible, and perhaps a (Postscript) output
option?

Thanks,
--chet--

larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) (01/10/91)

In article <deleted> murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) writes:

>Are there any world map databases floating around on the net?  With a
>viewer (for X or News) if possible, and perhaps a (Postscript) output
>option?

I'd also like to know this.  I need samples of both raster-scanned
& vector formats.

But an X-based viewer would be most helpful.  I've just pulled down xv from
contrib at expo.lcs.mit.edu & started trying it out.  Don't know yet if it's
what satisfies the requirements given me.

Thanks.