[comp.graphics] graphic 4-D images

ola@duke.cs.duke.edu (Owen L. Astrachan) (01/16/91)

A very bright high school student of a friend wants to do a project
involving the display of 4D images using a computer (e.g., hypercubes
etc.).

I don't have a graphics background; has this been done?  Are there any
references I can pass along?  The student has access to some powerful
machines in this area so computing power shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.  I'd prefer responses via email
since I'm not a reader of this group.

Owen

Owen L. Astrachan               INTERNET: ola@cs.duke.edu
Dept.of Computer Science        Phone (919) 660-6529
Duke University                 FAX (919) 660-6519
Durham NC 27706

aipdc@castle.ed.ac.uk (Paul Crowley) (01/16/91)

I have source code for such things which I've sent on, if anyone else
wants it email me.  I'm working on more sophisticated stuff now.

I'll write up an explanation of what I've done now...

\/ o\ Paul Crowley aipdc@uk.ac.ed.castle
/\__/ Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

mpogue@dg.dg.com (Mike Pogue) (01/17/91)

In article <663959182@dolphin.cs.duke.edu> ola@duke.cs.duke.edu (Owen L. Astrachan) writes:

>A very bright high school student of a friend wants to do a project
>involving the display of 4D images using a computer (e.g., hypercubes
>etc.).
>
>I don't have a graphics background; has this been done?  Are there any
>references I can pass along?  The student has access to some powerful
>machines in this area so computing power shouldn't be a problem.
>
>Thanks for any help you all can provide.  I'd prefer responses via email
>since I'm not a reader of this group.

	Couldn't get email to work....

	There is a paperback book called something like "Graphics in
	the Fourth DImension", published by Tab books, that has complete
	math and explanations (and some code, if I remember), for display
	of 4 dimensional hypercubes....

Mike Pogue

--
Mike Pogue
Data General Corp.		Speaking for myself, not my company....