[comp.graphics] what graphics books are needed?

Henderson@cup.portal.com (Ray - Henderson) (01/17/91)

I'm doing a bit on informal publishing research.  Results will
influence my publishing program directly.

I am curious to learn of areas within the graphics field that would
be well served by a technical book;  either because there are no
current books on the topic, or because the current books are inappropriate
in scope, level, or content.  Any suggestions for books (or authors)
would be very much appreciated.

Ray Henderson		henderson@cup.portal.com
Editor			415.826.6581
Prentice Hall

pmartz@undies.dsd.es.com (Paul Martz) (01/17/91)

In article <38107@cup.portal.com>, Henderson@cup.portal.com (Ray - Henderson) writes:
> I am curious to learn of areas within the graphics field that would
> be well served by a technical book;  either because there are no
> current books on the topic, or because the current books are inappropriate
> in scope, level, or content.  Any suggestions for books (or authors)
> would be very much appreciated.

I'm sure there are many of us who would love to see a decent PHIGS book published. All that is available now are the ANSI/ISO docs, and a small handful of very proprietary manuals from people like Sun, IBM, and Template Graphics which go into great detail on their specific PHIGS implementations.

--

   -paul	pmartz@dsd.es.com

Henderson@cup.portal.com (Ray - Henderson) (01/18/91)

Prentice Hall will actually be publishing a book on PHIG's very soon.
It is by Valerie Clark, of Sun Microsystems.

It should be available at SIGGRAPH91.

Ray Henderson
henderson@cup.portal.com