[comp.graphics] BRL-CAD .pix converters?

KITBASH@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Ammond) (01/19/91)

Now that those Gulf War pictures are there, are there any .PIX --> any
converters available?  I've checked PBM,. FBM, Xloadimage (not really a
converter per se, but, it'll display them, which is all I want.), Utah
RLE toolkit, Khoros, and none of them have it.

Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

++thanks,
ja.

Joe Ammond                Computer Consultant, CTS, Michigan Tech. University
{kitbash|mutant}@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu     jrammond@{symmetry|balance}.cs.mtu.edu
mutant@m-net.ann-arbor.mi.us           cfctech!ttardis!jra@sharkey.cc.umich.edu

"And somewhere he was laughing, in a white painted loft, distant fingers
  caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face."

ebert@soccer.cis.ohio-state.edu (David S. Ebert) (01/19/91)

In article <91018.124052KITBASH@MTUS5.BITNET> KITBASH@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Ammond) writes:
>Now that those Gulf War pictures are there, are there any .PIX --> any
>converters available?  I've checked PBM,. FBM, Xloadimage (not really a
>converter per se, but, it'll display them, which is all I want.), Utah
>RLE toolkit, Khoros, and none of them have it.
>
>Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

Well, Utah Raster Toolkit 3.0 can do it.

Try

rawtorle tomahawk2 -w 720 -h 468 > filename.rle  (I think these are the right
						  dimensions, not sure though).

This worked fine for me.

--
--  David S. Ebert,       Department of Computer and Information Science  -----
---  The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277  ----

ecsv24@castle.ed.ac.uk (J Bradfield) (01/20/91)

In <91018.124052KITBASH@MTUS5.BITNET> KITBASH@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Ammond) writes:

>Now that those Gulf War pictures are there, are there any .PIX --> any
>converters available?  I've checked PBM,. FBM, Xloadimage (not really a

cat > ppm.hdr
P6
720 486
255
<EOT>
zcat aaa1.Z | cat ppm.hdr - | pnmflip -tb | ppmtoXXX > aaa1.XXX