[comp.graphics] IFF formats

yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Yong Su Kim) (01/24/91)

Are there different standards for IFFs on the Amiga?

I have an IFF converter for the Apple IIGS which can recognise IFFs
taken directly from the Amiga including HAM IFFs, but it cannot view
IFFs which haven been converted using programs like PBMplus, FBM, and
Alchemy.

I would be grateful if someone could figure out what's causing this
dilemma.

|Internet: yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu        |||||||||||Yong Su Kim||||||||||||
|Bitnet  : yk4@cunixc			     |||||The Korean from Hong Kong||||
|UUCP    : uunet!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!yk4 |||||||...Apple IIGS user...||||||
|____________________________________________||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu ("J. Eric Townsend") (01/24/91)

c.s.a.graphics added, with follow-ups directed there as well.

In article <1991Jan23.221325.20449@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Yong Su Kim) writes:
>Are there different standards for IFFs on the Amiga?
>I have an IFF converter for the Apple IIGS which can recognise IFFs
>taken directly from the Amiga including HAM IFFs, but it cannot view
>IFFs which haven been converted using programs like PBMplus, FBM, and
>Alchemy.

Sounds like sloppy programming.  I've never had IFF problems as long
as I stick to Amiga programs, but pbmplus has thrown some curves in
my direction.  Unfortunately I haven't the time to figure out exactly
where it goes goofy.

Anybody else have an idea?
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Mangler - UH Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120