[comp.graphics] Anyone have an OFF to NFF converter?

dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) (01/31/91)

I tried sending mail to Mark VandeWettering, but mail to
cs.oregon.edu seems to be bouncing.  I'll try again
tomorrow, but for now...

Does anyone have a program that will turn OFF data into
NFF so that the mtv ray tracer can handle it?

markv@fourier.Princeton.EDU (Mark VandeWettering) (01/31/91)

In article <1991Jan31.021354.14398@smsc.sony.com> dce@smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) writes:
>I tried sending mail to Mark VandeWettering, but mail to
>cs.oregon.edu seems to be bouncing.  I'll try again
>tomorrow, but for now...

Well, I thought my mail was still being forwarded, but maybe they realized
that I had long gone, and are now bouncing my mail from there.  I will check
it out.

In the meantime, I have moved on to Princeton, and am now shifting to Pixar
(within the next 48 hours).  These coast to coast moves really kill me.

But, back to the real question.  I do have such a program, but it is
VERY crude, handles only the .geom files, and I am not proud of it, since
I developed it without using the OFF library.

Its not really all that hard to write, mostly you just read in all the
vertices, and then traverse the polygon lists and write out polygons.

Someone should really work on this... It would be nice...

Mark
Mark VandeWettering
markv@acm.princeton.edu