[comp.graphics] examples renderman rib/shader files

gilley@ndl.com (Greg Gilley) (02/05/91)

Does anyone have any example Renderman(tm) rib sources or shader sources?
I've been playing around with parsing them, and I need some examples to
play with.  I would appreciate any and all examples no matter how
trivial.  Thanks,
	       Greg

  Greg Gilley
  gilley@ndl.COM   [Numerical Design Limited]
  919-929-2917 (voice)

bcorrie@csr (Brian Corrie) (02/06/91)

gilley@ndl.com (Greg Gilley) writes:
>Does anyone have any example Renderman(tm) rib sources or shader sources?
>I've been playing around with parsing them, and I need some examples to
>play with.  I would appreciate any and all examples no matter how
>trivial.  Thanks,
>	       Greg

>--
>  Greg Gilley
>  gilley@ndl.COM   [Numerical Design Limited]
>  919-929-2917 (voice)

Along these lines, I am looking for a grammar for the the RenderMan
shading language. Anyone have one that they are willing to donate?

I know about the one in the RenderMan Interface Spec, but its either
not a correct yacc grammar or I typed something in wrong 8-)
I haven't gotten back to it after my last battle with Shift/Reduce
conflicts 8-) Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.....

	Brian

Brian Corrie, University of Victoria, Victoria, B.C.
            bcorrie@csr.uvic.ca

Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
temperature, volume, humidity and other variables, the organism
will do as it damn well pleases.

Sounds like some of the code I have written......