[comp.graphics] FVD and Graphics Gems

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (01/31/91)

Could someone please tell me the address where I can purchase the Foley
and Van Dam book and also Graphics Gems?  I would greatly appreciative.

Brian

eugene@nas.nasa.gov (Eugene N. Miya) (01/31/91)

In article <26593@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu
(Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
>Could someone please tell me the address where I can purchase the Foley
>and Van Dam book and also Graphics Gems?  I would greatly appreciative.

Computer Literacy Bookshop
San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, CA.
(408)-435-1118

--e. nobuo miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@orville.nas.nasa.gov
  {uunet,mailrus,other gateways}!ames!eugene
  AMERICA: CHANGE IT OR LOSE IT.

robert@texas.asd.sgi.com (Robert Skinner) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.073624.1941@nas.nasa.gov>, eugene@nas.nasa.gov
(Eugene N. Miya) writes:
|> In article <26593@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu
|> (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:
|> >Could someone please tell me the address where I can purchase the Foley
|> >and Van Dam book and also Graphics Gems?  I would greatly appreciative.
|>
|> Computer Literacy Bookshop
|> San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, CA.
|> (408)-435-1118

Computer Literacy ships UPS, usually the same day,
(assuming you pay with plastic).

And their prices are reasonable.

Robert Skinner
robert@sgi.com

	When in doubt, use brute force.

		- Ken Thompson

lemiller@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Lynne Miller) (02/07/91)

this may sound tacky, but on the back cover of the 2/2/91 issue of
science news, there is an ad for the library of science book club,
"take any 3 books for a dollar".. and graphics gems is one of the
titles. the book club doesn't sound as binding as most of those
operations.. yuo agree to purchase 3 books over the course of 12
months and then you can cancel, their discounts are supposedly in
the 15-30% range on the main and alternate selections, bigger
discounts on their bonus library offerings..  in the initial dollar
grab, they also list computers pattern chaos and beauty and the desktop
fractal system (that one counts as 2 selections). it is a typical send
the card back type club, but they add that if because of late mail
delivery and you have received a book you do not want, you can return
it within 10 days and they guarantee return postage.
i just noticed this blurb yesterday, and i'm going to give it a try,
as any book dealing with computer art costs an arm and a leg, so if i can
get afew for a dollar each, it will compensate for the cost of mny other
3 obligations. if you want more info, feel free to e-mail me, but
science news should be available at your library.

                    lemiller@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu
          help me, i'm stuck in helmsville and can't get out!