[comp.graphics] Looking for Escher

englfz@jetson.uh.edu (02/19/91)

Hey there,
I'm trying to get ahold of some Escher pictures, and I can't seem
to locate any anywhere.  Could someone steer me in the right direction
or even better send me a copy of what you've got.  I believe I can
handle most formats, but I'll be working with them on a Mac SE/30.
Thanks in advance.

Ed Gibler
ENGLFZ@Jetson.uh.edu

jk87377@korppi.tut.fi (Kouhia Juhana Krister) (02/20/91)

In article <8569.27c0de6a@jetson.uh.edu> englfz@jetson.uh.edu writes:
>Hey there,
>I'm trying to get ahold of some Escher pictures, and I can't seem

There's three pictures in nic.funet.fi,
pub/misc/gif/pics/art/misc directrory.

I don't know where from they are taken from, probably from USA.
Pictures are probably illegally copied.

Have somebody done a 3D computer graphics pictures a la Escher?
M. C. Escher is the artist which works I like very much.
If you don't know who he is you have missed a lot; but probably you
have seen his works but you just don't know his name.

Juhana

ruthenb@bgsuvax.UUCP (Joe Ruthenberg) (02/20/91)

From article <8569.27c0de6a@jetson.uh.edu>, by englfz@jetson.uh.edu:
> Hey there,
> I'm trying to get ahold of some Escher pictures, and I can't seem
> to locate any anywhere.  Could someone steer me in the right direction
> or even better send me a copy of what you've got.  I believe I can
> handle most formats, but I'll be working with them on a Mac SE/30.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ed Gibler
> ENGLFZ@Jetson.uh.edu

You can get some exceptionally nice high resolution pictures in GIF
format on schizo.samsung.com. Also, if you can read Microsoft Windows
BMP format, cica.cica.indiana.edu has an excellent version of
Escher's hands drawing in 640x480x256 resolution. I believe that
wuarchive.wustl.edu has a few GIF's, but they are low resolution
and fairly poor quality, as well as being annotated in a most distracting
way. If you can't use these formats, I believe that there is a
SUN based public domain GIF viewing program that runs under X Windows.
Otherwise, I can't tell you much.

Joe Ruthenberg
ruthenbe@einstein.bgsu.edu

----/|
\ o.O|   Bill'n'Opus in '92!
 =(_)=

brian@nds.com (Brian Dockter) (02/21/91)

In article <8569.27c0de6a@jetson.uh.edu> englfz@jetson.uh.edu writes:
>Hey there,
>I'm trying to get ahold of some Escher pictures, and I can't seem
>to locate any anywhere.  Could someone steer me in the right direction

Jef Poskanzer has a collection of X11 Bitmaps which include several
Escher pictures.  They should be available on UUNET in:

X/contrib/poskbitmaptars

--
Brian Dockter                    | Northwest Digital Systems
UUCP: uunet!nds!brian            | Voice: 206-524-0014