[comp.graphics] bit-BLT in Sunview

johns@scroff.uk.sun.com (John Slater - Sun UK - Gatwick SE - Graphics Ambassador) (02/21/91)

In article <2760@sparko.gwu.edu>, darken@seas.gwu.edu (Rudolph Darken) writes:
|> Does anyone know of a good method of bit_BLTing in Sunview? I'm creating
|> a series of images and need to flip through them quickly. I've done this
|> in X but it seems to be very slow. I would like to get a smooth animation
|> if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

It Can Be Done under X. The SunMovie module of SunVision exists for just this
purpose. Or you could brew your own using XGL. Both solutions will give you
good performance with the GX graphics accelerator under OpenWindows. Contact
your local Sun sales office for details of these products.

John Slater
Sun Microsystems UK, Gatwick office

Disclaimer : Of course I'm biased! I work here!

peter@stonehenge.ccs.uwo.ca (Mr. Peter Budgell) (02/22/91)

In article <2812@texsun.Central.Sun.COM> John.Slater@UK.Sun.COM writes:
>In article <2760@sparko.gwu.edu>, darken@seas.gwu.edu (Rudolph Darken) writes:
>|> Does anyone know of a good method of bit_BLTing in Sunview? I'm creating
>|> a series of images and need to flip through them quickly. I've done this
>|> in X but it seems to be very slow. I would like to get a smooth animation
>|> if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
>
>It Can Be Done under X. The SunMovie module of SunVision exists for just this
>purpose. Or you could brew your own using XGL. Both solutions will give you
>good performance with the GX graphics accelerator under OpenWindows. Contact
>your local Sun sales office for details of these products.
>
>John Slater
>Sun Microsystems UK, Gatwick office
>
>Disclaimer : Of course I'm biased! I work here!

You could look at movietool.  One source is on the ftp host

           titan.rice.edu

under the directory sun-source.  Get the kits for revision 1.2.
This program runs under sunview and is quick with monochrome
images.  I haven't tried it with full colour.

Peter Budgell

peter@engrg.uwo.ca