[comp.graphics] Offset surface

reddy@silma.com (Reddy) (02/26/91)

I have a base surface S(u,v) and an offset surface built on the base surface with an
offset "d". I have all the evaluation points(surface point and all u,v partials) on the
base surface at given parameters. I would like to find out all u,v partials(up to 2nd
order at least !) on the offset surface at the same parameter values.

Pointers to any references is appreciated.

Thanks
Reddy
e_mail - reddy@silma.com

mwatkins@raven.dsd.es.com (Mark Watkins) (02/26/91)

--

An excellent source for this is Rida Farouki's paper in the journal CAGD (Computer
Aided Geometric Design, 1986, Vol3 Num 1, p 15, where you will find explicit

Mark Watkins
Evans & Sutherland
(801) 582-5847 x4573
Salt Lake City, UT 84108