[comp.graphics] C routines to display GIF images

ale@bucsf.bu.edu (Massimiliano Gasparri) (03/06/91)

Hi,  I need to display GIF images from within my C source code.
Does anyone know about routines that I could actually use to do this?
Is there any site from which I could FTP files containing these functions?
Thanks,

-Massimiliano

phs424l@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (03/06/91)

ale@bucsf.bu.edu (Massimiliano Gasparri) writes:

> Hi,  I need to display GIF images from within my C source code.
> Does anyone know about routines that I could actually use to do this?
> Is there any site from which I could FTP files containing these functions?
> Thanks,
>
> -Massimiliano

Hi,

I found a library posted to comp.sources.<something> a while back called
gif_lib which I got to run quite easily on PC.  It reads arnd writes GIF files.
Try one of the archive sites for comp.sources.* or failing that, I know there
are some bits and pieces at SIMTEL-20 in the MSDOS directories.

If you don't have any luck, drop me a line and I'll mail you the stuff (as a
last resort, as they are kinda large!)

Cheers,
Daf.

PS.The code I have doesn't write the new GIF standard, if that's what you want.
Davyd Norris		:	"Strange people physicists... In my opinion
Physics Dept.		:	 those that aren't already dead are in some
Monash University,	:        way very, very sick." - Douglas Adams,
Vic, Australia.		:	 "The Long Dark Tea-time Of The Soul"

ken@uh.msc.umn.edu (Ken Chin-Purcell) (03/06/91)

ale@bucsf.bu.edu (Massimiliano Gasparri) writes:
....Hi,  I need to display GIF images from within my C source code.
....Is there any site from which I could FTP files containing these functions?

I would go grab xloadimage from export.lcs.mit.edu:contrib/
Lots of handy code for converting many formats.

--
--  Ken Chin-Purcell, Graphics, AHPCRC, Minnesota Supercomputer Ctr.
--  also known as ken@msc.edu and 612-337-3737