[comp.graphics] TIFF file help request

sdu@ca.excelan.com (Sylvia Du) (03/06/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 1991 02:04:26 GMT

I'm trying to read a TIFF file and displaying the image in
Microsoft Windows 3.0.  If you have any example that does
similar task or know some books that discuss the subject,
please let me know asap.

Sylvia

jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jonathon Sivier ) (03/07/91)

The winter edition of the C Gazette has an article, with source code, on the
TIFF format.

Jonathan

|  Jonathan Sivier               |  Ballo ergo sum.               |
|  jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu      |  (I dance therefore I am.)     |
|  Flight Simulation Lab         |	        - des Cartwright  |
|  Beckman Institute             |                                |
|  405 N. Mathews                |                                |
|  Urbana, IL  61801             |                                |

adrianho@barkley.watt.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) (03/07/91)

In article <1991Mar6.180102.26992@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jonathon Sivier ) writes:

>The winter edition of the C Gazette has an article, with source code, on the
>TIFF format.

From the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

8) Format documents for GIF, TIFF, IFF, BIFF, NFF, OFF, etc.

You almost certainly don't need these.  Read the above item 7 on free
image manipulation software.  Get one or more of these packages and
look through them.  Chances are excellent that the image converter you
were going to write is already there.  But if you still want one of the
format documents, many such files are available by anonymous ftp from
titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30) in directory public/graphics.formats.
These files were collected off the net and are believed to be correct.
This archive includes pixel formats, and two- and three-dimensional
object formats.  Other file format descriptions are welcome, send to
Mark Hall <foo@rice.edu>.

>|  Jonathan Sivier               |  Ballo ergo sum.               |
>|  jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu      |  (I dance therefore I am.)     |
>|  Flight Simulation Lab         |	        - des Cartwright  |
>|  Beckman Institute             |                                |
>|  405 N. Mathews                |                                |
>|  Urbana, IL  61801             |                                |

Adrian Ho, EECS (pronounced "eeks!") Dept.		Phone: (415) 642-5563
UC Berkeley					adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu
Domain: sesame-street (telly,bigbird,snuffy,oscar,kermit,bert,grover,barkley)
Favorite expression: "There's no business like monkey business."