[comp.graphics] printing GIFs on HP Paintjet

reznick@acfcluster.nyu.edu (03/06/91)

I would very much like to find a program that will print an image
(preferabbly in GIF, but PCX or anything, for that matter would be
ok) on an HP Paintjet printer, connected to an MSDOS system.

Hopefully the program would also let me print things which can't
be displayed on my screen.

thanks

lee@mport.COM (Lee Crocker) (03/08/91)

reznick@acfcluster.nyu.edu writes:

>I would very much like to find a program that will print an image
>(preferabbly in GIF, but PCX or anything, for that matter would be
>ok) on an HP Paintjet printer, connected to an MSDOS system.

>Hopefully the program would also let me print things which can't
>be displayed on my screen.

The current version of PICLAB (1.82) is available from CompuServe,
various BBSs, and some FTP sites.  I'm sorry I can't be more detailed,
but I only post it to CompuServe; it gets distributed around from there.
--
Lee Daniel Crocker
lee@mport.com (Microport)

mcastle@mcs213e.cs.umr.edu (Mike Castle {Nexus}) (03/08/91)

In article <44@mport.COM> lee@mport.COM (Lee Crocker) writes:
>The current version of PICLAB (1.82) is available from CompuServe,
>various BBSs, and some FTP sites.  I'm sorry I can't be more detailed,
>but I only post it to CompuServe; it gets distributed around from there.

New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS> dir
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/graphics
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in  pub/PC/simtel-20/graphics

as piclb182.zip

So, when's the next version coming out anyway???      :->
--
Mike Castle (Nexus) S087891@UMRVMA.UMR.EDU (preferred)       | XEDIT: Emacs
                mcastle@mcs213k.cs.umr.edu (unix mail-YEACH!)| on a REAL