[comp.graphics] GIF viewer

dwilson@elvira.East.Sun.COM (Dave Wilson - Sun BOS Production) (01/19/91)

Could someone please help me ? I need a GIF viewer for a Sun 386i or Sun 3/50.
I will be using it in SunView.

KMA102@psuvm.psu.edu (01/24/91)

Would someone please mail me a FTP site for a GIF viewer

                      Thanks
                            Keith

KMA102@psuvm.psu.edu

raeker@tc4.chem.iastate.edu (Todd J. Raeker) (03/09/91)

Hi,

Can someone either  tell me where I might find  or mail me a Gif viewer
that supports  640x480x256 VGA graphics. I already have one but it only
does 320x200x256 and I need something better. Thanks

Todd J. Raeker

joerg@cat.de (Markus Schichtel) (03/11/91)

Todd J. Raeker (raeker@tc4.chem.iastate.edu) schrieb am  8. 3.:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone either  tell me where I might find  or mail me a Gif viewer
> that supports  640x480x256 VGA graphics. I already have one but it only
> does 320x200x256 and I need something better. Thanks
>

> Todd J. Raeker

If you have access to a IBM compatible try to get CSHOW
I suspect that it is PD or or at least Shareware.

---
  Markus Schichtel (joerg@cat.de)
  C.A.T. Kommunikations-System, Frankfurt, Germany

patyuen@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Patrick Yuen) (03/11/91)

In article <%18^h2.dh5@cat.de> joerg@cat.de (Markus Schichtel) writes:

>Todd J. Raeker (raeker@tc4.chem.iastate.edu) schrieb am  8. 3.:

>If you have access to a IBM compatible try to get CSHOW
>I suspect that it is PD or or at least Shareware.

	Cshow is available at domain

	ftp wsmr-simtel20.army.mil

Patrick

jwm@SUN4.JHUAPL.EDU (James W. Meritt) (03/11/91)

Is there a gif viewer (in Xwindows, preferrably) than allows pan and
zoom of the image?

Jim Meritt

jwm@sun4.jhuapl.edu
jimm@eagle.jhuapl.edu

dsza_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (A. Desouza) (03/12/91)

Hi!!  I am sorry if this question has already been asked a million times, or
even if this question makes no sense.  I am new to GIFs and this is my first
post ever.  I would like to know where, and how (if someone could please take
the time to explain it to me) to get a GIF viewer that runs in X.  I would
prefer E mail,but if this is an often asked question, a posted reply may be
better.

Thank you.

Tony DeSouz
dsza_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu