etc...

From:      pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
AppleLink: NZ0028
Postage:   P.D.Bourke
           Architecture School, Auckland University
           Private Bag
           Auckland
           New Zealand
PH:        NZ (09) 737 999 x7367
Fax:       NZ (09) 366 4665

cameron@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au (Cameron Stevenson) (03/18/91)

From article <1991Mar15.032157.19749@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>, by pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Bourke):
> Is there a usergroup dedicated to Intergraph hardware and software.

Well, there are two 'usergroups' for Intergraph users. The first is
non-computer related. ie in 'real life'TM. You should contact your local
Intergraph office if you are not already involved in it. Their IGUG (Intergraph
Graphics Users Group) is a well structured organisation that mirrors
Intergraph's internal organisation. eg. there is a head of the Archictectural
Proctucts both on staff and in the IGUG. This allows good interaction between
users and the company.

The second 'usergroup' is the IBBS (Intergraph Bulletin Board System), which is
a private bulletin board for all Intergraph users (who pay maintenance). You
have to register to log in, and it is located in the States (so you naturally
keep access time to a minimum). The Australian Intergraph company has been
setting up a bulletin board which mirrors the one in the States, so that may
be a cheaper option for you. Contact the Sydney office if you want more info.

As far as Internet news groups are concerned, in the manual on the IBBS,
Intergraph suggest you look at comp.sys.misc. Unfortunately not many people
post here (in relation to Intergraph products), but we could always try to
increase the traffic if you want. I think the problem is that not many
Intergraph users have access to the network.

Intergraph themselves are on the net, and you can send messages to their staff
quite happily (in the States and Australia) if you have an address for that
staff member. Obviously I am on the net and would be more than happy to chat
about Intergraph issues (especially as they relate to architecture since I am
chairman of the AEC Special Interest Group in Australia).

> Alternatively is there an FTP site for information, files, etc related
> to Intergraph products such as MicroStation, ModelView, Project Architect,
> etc...

Not sure about this one...

> From:      pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
> AppleLink: NZ0028
> Postage:   P.D.Bourke
>            Architecture School, Auckland University
>            Private Bag
>            Auckland
>            New Zealand
> PH:        NZ (09) 737 999 x7367
> Fax:       NZ (09) 366 4665

Fill me in on what products/systems you have in the School (or are you just
looking at this stage, in which case tell me what you are looking at). Just
let me know if I can help in any way.

Cameron Stephenson                    ph +61 75 951426
Bond University
Gold Coast    Australia

ingoldsb@ctycal.UUCP (Terry Ingoldsby) (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar15.032157.19749@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>, pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Bourke) writes:
> Is there a usergroup dedicated to Intergraph hardware and software.
>
> Alternatively is there an FTP site for information, files, etc related
> to Intergraph products such as MicroStation, ModelView, Project Architect,
> etc...

Not to the best of my knowledge.  There are some Intergraph users on the
net, but for some reason (despite encouragement at IGUG conferences in
Huntsville) sites seem reluctant to connect.  At Huntsville we were told
to meet in comp.misc, at least until such time that the traffic warranted
a dedicated newsgroup.

The services you seek would be invaluable.  Let's hope we reach critical
mass soon.

--
  Terry Ingoldsby                ingoldsb%ctycal@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  Land Information Services                 or