[comp.graphics] 3D animation on a MACIIcx

erb2x@euclid.acc.Virginia.EDU (Erik R. Bleyl) (04/02/91)

I have a MACIIcx and am looking into 3D animation programs.  I have seen
Filmmaker but not in great detail.  What I want to be able to do is animate
multiple objects and have the ability to specify animation sequences in both
high and low sequence levels(hopefully this would allow the ability to
specify animation to the frame and scene levels).

Also I would like to know what the frames per second limit is on my MAC.  I have
5Mb RAM and Apples 8-24 bit video Card.  How does the animation degrade in
24-bit mode?  Should I upgrade to a IIci if I need to do animation?  What about
the IIfx?

What package and setup gives me the most power for the buck in the MAC line?
Sorry for the confusion but I wondering where I need to go from here.

I can be email at erb2x@Virginia.Edu and I will summarize what I find in a
few weeks.

Thanks,

-Erik

menzies@CAM.ORG (Stephen Menzies) (04/06/91)

erb2x@euclid.acc.Virginia.EDU (Erik R. Bleyl) writes:

>What package and setup gives me the most power for the buck in the MAC line?
>Sorry for the confusion but I wondering where I need to go from here.

I would recommend that you aleast check out the Amiga 3000, the Toaster/
Lightwave combo and a raytracer called Imagine as well as some of the
new 24 bit boards such as the Firecracker24 and Colorburst. Just a
suggestion. Before I bought the Amiga I checked out the MacFX and
what was available on it.

>I can be email at erb2x@Virginia.Edu and I will summarize what I find in a
>few weeks.

>Thanks,