[comp.graphics] SGI Z-Buffer Video Card for PC

ckirsch@orion.eng.clemson.edu (Chuck Kirschman) (04/10/91)

The other day I was told of a card for the PC which will have a built
in Z-Buffer.  I was told SGI will be/has come out with this.  Anybody
heard of this??  How about the SGI guys - price & availability?  Does it
exist yet??

Thanks all.
Chuck Kirschman                     Internet:  ckirsch@eng.clemson.edu
Mechanical Engineer in Training     Bitnet:    ckirsch@clemson
"I don't NEED to compromise my principles, because they don't have the
 slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." - Calvin

woobin@milton.u.washington.edu (Woobin Lee) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr10.132115.28804@hubcap.clemson.edu> ckirsch@orion.eng.clemson.edu (Chuck Kirschman) writes:

>The other day I was told of a card for the PC which will have a built
>in Z-Buffer.  I was told SGI will be/has come out with this.  Anybody
>heard of this??  How about the SGI guys - price & availability?  Does it
>exist yet??

I just saw an ad for Iris Vision board set from Silicon Graphics, if that's
what you were talking about.
It is a two-board set for PC/AT or MCA, and contains hardware for 2D and 3D
graphics. It also supports SGI's GL.
They say the price starts at $3,495.
Try 1-800-388-9428 for more info.

Image Computing System Lab	||	woobin@u.washington.edu