[comp.graphics] there are no CORE programs utilizing 3D?

jdb9608@isc.rit.edu (J.D. Beutel) (04/19/91)

Hello, world.

I can't find any 3D application programs utilizing CORE
graphics primitives!

The ACM made the CORE standard.  Textbooks have been written
using CORE.  I know of at least a few problems with CORE,
but surely someone out there wrote some kind of 3D utility
using CORE a few years ago?  How about a wire-frame 3D
object modeling utility?

Thank you.
J. David Beutel  11011011  jdb9608@cs.rit.edu      "I am, therefore I am."

rthomson@mesa.dsd.es.com (Rich Thomson) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr19.023233.3485@isc.rit.edu>
	jdb9608@ultb.rit.edu (J.D. Beutel) writes:
>I know of at least a few problems with CORE,
>but surely someone out there wrote some kind of 3D utility
>using CORE a few years ago?  How about a wire-frame 3D
>object modeling utility?

I think CORE has been subsumed by GKS and/or PHIGS.  My impression is
that people are using these instead of CORE.

						-- Rich
--
  ``Read my MIPS -- no new VAXes!!'' -- George Bush after sniffing freon
	    Disclaimer: I speak for myself, except as noted.