[comp.graphics] Nat'l Image Trans Fmt

larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) (04/24/91)

I just came across a mention in a news story of "the National Image
Transmission Format standard."  Anyone know where I can get info on it?

woobin@milton.u.washington.edu (Woobin Lee) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr24.005300.7941@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov> larryc@poe.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) writes:
>I just came across a mention in a news story of "the National Image
>Transmission Format standard."  Anyone know where I can get info on it?

I don't know what it is either, but there is a paper published in the
proceeding of Electronic Imaging East 1990, by John White of MITRE corporation.
The paper references the actual standard, National Imagery Transmission Format
(NITF) ver 1.1, March 1989, which can be ordered from

Defense Intelligence Agency, DIA/DM-1A
3100 Clarendon Boulevard,
Arlington, VA 22201-5317

Image Computing System Lab	||	woobin@u.washington.edu