[comp.graphics] Free 3D packages

fmhv@minerva.inesc.pt (Fernando Manuel Vasconcelos) (04/24/91)

We are starting a project that involves 3D graphics, thus
we need a 3D graphic package.

We've not got a lot of money so Public Domain packages are better ...

So if you know any package availble please email me

This may be a faq ( I've been away for several months ... ) if that
is the case just email me telling me so.

If not I'll be glad to post a summary if enough interest is shown .

Thanks Anyway

--
Fernando Manuel Hourtiguet de Vasconcelos  INESC - Instituto de Engenharia de
fmhv@inesc.inesc.pt                                Sistemas e Computadores

pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Paul David Bourke) (04/25/91)

fmhv@minerva.inesc.pt (Fernando Manuel Vasconcelos) writes:

>We are starting a project that involves 3D graphics, thus
>we need a 3D graphic package.
>We've not got a lot of money so Public Domain packages are better ...
>So if you know any package availble please email me

You did not mention the machine you need the software for...

If it is for the Mac then I have written a relatively powerful, facet based
3D modeller that is in the public domain. It requires a Mac II computer, or
one of the more recent Macs as long as it has a coprocessor. It can be
downloaded via FTP from
   ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (130.216.1.5)
it is in the directory
   ftp/mac/architec

You may want to get the manual first and see if it useful. The manual is in
MSWord 4 format.

 |   Paul D Bourke        pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz         (130.216.1.5)   |