[comp.graphics] Whats your favorite X-Windows GIF viewer?

jes@wookie.ess.harris.com (Jim Stroud x5673) (05/03/91)

Title says it all

--
James (JIM) Stroud    jes@wookie.ess.harris.com    | GISD - "Home of
Harris Corporation - GOV INFO SYS DIV  =====>/\    |      the MOBILE

larryc@puente.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) (05/03/91)

'xv' from the contrib directory at export.lcs.mit.edu.  Simple, fast, does
some useful things like easy-to-use gamma correction, + or - 10% zooms as
well as half- & double-size zooms.  The image can be written out in several
formats.

klein@kira.egr.msu.edu (Jeffrey Klein) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May2.223525.11231@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov> larryc@puente.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) writes:
>'xv' from the contrib directory at export.lcs.mit.edu.  Simple, fast, does
>some useful things like easy-to-use gamma correction, + or - 10% zooms as
>well as half- & double-size zooms.  The image can be written out in several
>formats.

Looks nice, but I decided to remove it when it had uncompressed to over 20Mb;
they only give me 3 here.
So is there anything smaller?

 -JK

larryc@puente.jpl.nasa.gov (Larry Carroll) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May3.220859.18939@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> klein@kira.egr.msu.edu (Jeffrey Klein) writes:
>Looks nice, but I decided to remove it when it had uncompressed to over 20Mb;
>they only give me 3 here.
>So is there anything smaller?

Once compiled & linked it comes to a 1/2 MByte.

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (05/04/91)

My version of XV (patchlevel 3) is 150K. How do you come to 1/2 Meg
och even 20 Meg? Have I missed something?

Ron

unx20238@unx2.ucc.okstate.edu (Lonny) (05/05/91)

 Does anyone know of a GIF viewer (or any graphics progs for that
matter) that will run on a VAXstation 3100 under VMS ?

Thanks,
Lonny L.
Oklahoma State University

klein@kira.egr.msu.edu (Jeffrey Klein) (05/05/91)

In article <1991May4.092811.4080@nada.kth.se> d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>My version of XV (patchlevel 3) is 150K. How do you come to 1/2 Meg
>och even 20 Meg? Have I missed something?

Whoops - I tried it on the other system, and it uncompresses fine.

The tar file is 500k, the executable 160.

 -JK