[comp.graphics] GIF format conversion

dbell@cup.portal.com (David J Bell) (05/11/91)

Can anyone direct me to readily-available description of the
GIF format, both compressed and uncompressed? I have images in
another raster-scanned format, and want to write a converter...

Dave      dbell@cup.portal.com

magyar@inside.caltech.edu (Igen Magyar Istvani) (05/11/91)

In article <42199@cup.portal.com> dbell@cup.portal.com (David J Bell) writes:
>Can anyone direct me to readily-available description of the
>GIF format, both compressed and uncompressed? I have images in
>another raster-scanned format, and want to write a converter...
>
>Dave      dbell@cup.portal.com

Check out titan.rice.edu, in directory public/graphics.formats.  You'll find
graphics file formats for many types of files, including GIFs.

Ted Turocy
magyar@through.cs.caltech.edu
"It _should_ have been called the Hungaro-Austrian Empire."