[comp.graphics] TIFF, MIF, GS, ESPI file formats

rick@diana.esa.oz.au (Richard) (05/16/91)

I am looking for information on the following file formats :

        TIFF,   ESPI,   MIF,    GS.

What I need to do is extract information from any one of these types of files
to be used for other purposes.  (ie. I want to extract things like dimensions
and depth etc).

I assume that each format starts its files with this type of information.  It
is the structure and specs of that information I require.

It anyone can help with with either one or all of the mentioned formats I
would be very grateful.

I would prefer any responses to be made via email, If anyone wants the info
I find out I will be happy to mail it to them.

Richard Verkade.

rick@bacchus.esa.oz.au

will@rins.ryukoku.ac.jp (will) (05/17/91)

In article <2737@diana.esa.oz.au>, rick@diana.esa.oz.au (Richard) writes:
>I am looking for information on the following file formats :
>        TIFF,   ESPI,   MIF,    GS.

     This is from:
     Subject: (04feb91) Frequently asked questions - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST.

	8) Format documents for GIF, TIFF, IFF, BIFF, NFF, OFF, etc.

	You almost certainly don't need these.  Read the above item 7 on free
	image manipulation software.  Get one or more of these packages and
	look through them.  Chances are excellent that the image converter you
	were going to write is already there.  But if you still want one of the
	format documents, many such files are available by anonymous ftp from
	titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30) in directory public/graphics.formats.

	Jef has put alot together in the Freq questions box.  It is always good
	to check here first and then ask for what you can't find there.

							Will....