[comp.graphics] Simple PHIGS for X11

rehm@mackerel.cs.washington.edu (Eric Rehm) (05/11/91)

In the 2nd Edition of "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", by
Foley, van Dam, Feiner & Hughes, reference is made to an X11 version
of the SPHIGS or Simple PHIGS package used in the the book.

Is this available?  (I have heard rumors that it isn't).

Are there any X11 PHIGS implementations (C binding, please) in the public
domain?  It need not be a complete implementation of all PHIGS functions.

/eric

Eric.Rehm@p0.f13.n391.z1.fidonet.org (Eric Rehm) (05/11/91)

Newsgroups: comp.graphics

adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.174444.18374@beaver.cs.washington.edu> rehm@mackerel.cs.washington.edu (Eric Rehm) writes:

>In the 2nd Edition of "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", by
>Foley, van Dam, Feiner & Hughes, reference is made to an X11 version
>of the SPHIGS or Simple PHIGS package used in the the book.

>Is this available?  (I have heard rumors that it isn't).

	iear.arts.rpi.edu:/pub/graphics/sphigs.tar.Z [128.113.6.10]
					srgp.tar.Z

Grab _both_ SPHIGS and SRGP -- you need the latter to build the former.

>Are there any X11 PHIGS implementations (C binding, please) in the public
>domain?  It need not be a complete implementation of all PHIGS functions.

UIPEX -- look in:

	a.cs.uiuc.edu:/pub/uipex [128.174.252.1]

Caveat: UIPEX requires you to rebuild your X server.

Good luck!

dga@cs.brown.edu (Daniel Gerardo Aliaga) (05/13/91)

In article <1991May10.174444.18374@beaver.cs.washington.edu> rehm@mackerel.cs.washington.edu (Eric Rehm) writes:

>In the 2nd Edition of "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", by
>Foley, van Dam, Feiner & Hughes, reference is made to an X11 version
>of the SPHIGS or Simple PHIGS package used in the the book.
>
>Is this available?  (I have heard rumors that it isn't).
>
>Are there any X11 PHIGS implementations (C binding, please) in the public
>domain?  It need not be a complete implementation of all PHIGS functions.
>
>/eric

One of the authors of Simple SPHIGS here at Brown told me you can ftp it
from Brown, public domain. The ftp address is wilma.cs.brown.edu, in the
pub directory.

Dan
Scott

 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX      Daniel G. Aliaga '91
          XXX         XXX     XXXXX            Brown University
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX		 "Real men write self modifying code"

andy@xwkg.Icom.Com (Andrew H. Marrinson) (05/19/91)

adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) writes:

>In article <1991May10.174444.18374@beaver.cs.washington.edu> rehm@mackerel.cs.washington.edu (Eric Rehm) writes:

>>In the 2nd Edition of "Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice", by
>>Foley, van Dam, Feiner & Hughes, reference is made to an X11 version
>>of the SPHIGS or Simple PHIGS package used in the the book.

>>Is this available?  (I have heard rumors that it isn't).

>	iear.arts.rpi.edu:/pub/graphics/sphigs.tar.Z [128.113.6.10]
>					srgp.tar.Z

>Grab _both_ SPHIGS and SRGP -- you need the latter to build the former.

I don't suppose someone could make this available on uunet so that
those of us without ftp access can get it via uucp?  I just bought
this book and would really like to get my hands on this software.

Failing that, is there anywhere I can uucp this stuff from?  (Yes, I
know there are mail servers, but I hate to use them for anything this
bulky.)

Thanks...
--
		Andrew H. Marrinson