[net.cooks] MSG - Enough already!

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (05/31/85)

In article <5700@ucla-cs.ARPA> ellen@ucla-cs.UUCP (Ellen Perlman) writes:
>other hand, is quite sensitive, and gets terrible headaches, so can this
>"is a crock" crap.  In fact, the number of people sensitive to MSG is not
>minute, 'tho' naturally degree of sensitivity varies.

   So, some people react to MSG and some don't.  Do we have a consensus?

   Oh, and the "is a crock" line was made by somebody in reference to
somebody elses' statement that "MSG ensures" reactions, cancer, etc. (In
fact, the line went "the argument AS STATED is a crock" [my caps]).  I
concurred when I read it, because I don't react adversely to MSG.  Perhaps
the initial statement should have been ammended to read "MSG ensures
reactions in a not minute number of people."  'Nuff said.

--
 - j "vo" p

{allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster