[comp.graphics] Import PostScript into X-Based Paint or Draw Program?

rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov (Richard P. Signell) (05/31/91)

Is there a commercial or public domain X-based draw or paint program
that can import PostScript reliably? I would like to spiff up my
PostScript output from a couple of my graphics programs:  add labels,
position them with the mouse, modify lines, etc.

Thanks,
--
Rich Signell               |   rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov
U.S. Geological Survey     |   (508) 548-8700

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) (06/01/91)

rsignell@crusty.er.usgs.gov (Richard P. Signell) writes:
>Is there a commercial or public domain X-based draw or paint program
>that can import PostScript reliably? I would like to spiff up my
>PostScript output from a couple of my graphics programs:  add labels,
>position them with the mouse, modify lines, etc.

Rich...

A new version of xfig is in the works...
I added the capability to import postscript...
With xfig you can conveniently add to the postscript, but
you're not really editing it...
I use it all the time to import photos, logos, etc and then
output the results to viewgraphs...

Brian
boyter@fstc-chville.army.mil