[comp.graphics] Startrek Database Search Continues

blake@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Blake Freeburg) (05/30/91)

I have gotten plenty of requests for the Enterprise from the Next Generation
if I find it, but so far no luck.

This is for those people (where ever they are) who can take scenes and make
3D databases out of them (ie the los angeles movie, voyager titan, mars and
venus flyover, etc)

I have several clips of images of the Enterprise from the front, side, and
back.  I digitized several frames from each motion, and now would like to
take them and build a 3D database.  Any ideas, places to look, people to
email to?

Please send email if you have anything that may help.
Blake Freeburg

32kaiser@gw.wmich.edu (06/03/91)

In article <49662@ut-emx.uucp>, blake@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Blake Freeburg) writes:
> I have gotten plenty of requests for the Enterprise from the Next Generation
> if I find it, but so far no luck.
>
> This is for those people (where ever they are) who can take scenes and make
> 3D databases out of them (ie the los angeles movie, voyager titan, mars and
> venus flyover, etc)
>
> I have several clips of images of the Enterprise from the front, side, and
> back.  I digitized several frames from each motion, and now would like to
> take them and build a 3D database.  Any ideas, places to look, people to
> email to?
>
> Please send email if you have anything that may help.
> Blake Freeburg

I've got some code for both the NCC-1701-A and NCC-1701-D
The NCC 1701-A was created by a student at Northern Michigan University
 and I took on the job of translated it from PDP11 to Digital MicroVAX II
 to Macintosh.
NCC 1701-D is a converted version of above by myself done on the MicroVAX II
 and is also in the process of being convert to the Mac.
Needless to say the data for the ships isn't anything complete
 just some slick data points and some rotations and translations
 and PRESTO.
NCC 1701-A has a couple unobvious bugs
NCC 1701-D has more noticible ones (a big job for one guy in one semester).

Also I'm sure the original author (Dwight Deur @1985)
and myself and Northern would appreciate some notice
for our trouble with these programs.

But it's here for any private use.
The code file are large so instead of e-mailing to me, fellas and gals,
I'll post it later on when I've ironed the bugs out.

By the way I would like a copy of the complete blueprints of NCC 1701-D
if anyone has one.

Matthew