[comp.graphics] OO ray tracing BOF at Siggraph

shirley@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (peter shirley) (05/29/91)

I, and several other people I know, are working on clean object oriented
implementations of ray tracing code.  Most of us work in C++.  I am thinking
of organizing a birds-of-a-feather session at Siggraph '91.  I'm thinking
of something informal where we can argue about class structures and compare
tricks.  If you are interested, send me some email telling me what days
would be best for you.

pete shirley
shirley@cs.uiuc.edu

npw@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Nicholas Wilt) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May29.082619.23964@news.cs.indiana.edu> shirley@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (peter shirley) writes:
>I, and several other people I know, are working on clean object oriented
>implementations of ray tracing code.  Most of us work in C++.  I am thinking
>of organizing a birds-of-a-feather session at Siggraph '91.  I'm thinking
>of something informal where we can argue about class structures and compare
>tricks.  If you are interested, send me some email telling me what days
>would be best for you.

I am one such, but I'm not going to SIGGRAPH.  If there is sufficient
interest, perhaps a mailing list could be established.

>pete shirley
>shirley@cs.uiuc.edu

--Nick
  npw@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

peter shirley <shirley@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> (06/04/91)

I got about 30 people who want to come (all at different times!) to the
OO BOF on ray tracing.  I have not yet replied to most of you.  Sorry.
I will send mail or post when I have more info.

Because so many people are interested, I doubt the BOF will be much more
than going around the room to say what we're each working on and then
breaking into smaller groups.  We will at least get a mailing list going.

More later,

pete shirley
shirley@cs.indiana.edu