[comp.graphics] FTP stuff

pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Paul David Bourke) (06/08/91)

Sample of stuff available by anonymous ftp from
   ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (130.216.1.5)
in the
   architec
directory.

If you get any of this and then upload it another site please inform me so
that I can add to the "Also available from" list.

DDocument name      Brief description                    Also available from
-- Translators ----
PerTrans.sit.Hqx   MacPerspective translator
                   Exports DXF, Super3D, Vision3D
                   Mac II
                   Manual enclosed
                   MS Word 4
M3Dtran.sit.Hqx    Mac3D translator to DXF or Super3D
                   Restrictions: single object only
                   Mac II
-- Documentation --
3DDXF.Hqx          Notes on creating DXF files of 3D models
                   MS WORD 4, other formats available on request
CADformats.Hqx     Notes on some CAD interchange formats
                   MS Word 4
CONREC.txt         Source code for a contouring algorithm
                   From Byte 1987 article (June or July?)
                   Text only file
Gasket.doc.Hqx     Notes on gasket and sponge in
                   multiple dimensions
                   Mac II
Gasket.figure1     GIF figure for the above
Gasket.figure2     GIF figure for the above
Gasket.figure3     GIF figure for the above
MacCAD.sit.Hqx     Student report on Macintosh CAD software
                   used within the School of Architecture.
PerspEx.sit.Hqx    MacPerspective student manual and some
                   example files.
                   Any Mac running MacPerspective
                   Manual in MS Word 4
RGBlist.txt        List of "standard" colour names and their
                   RGB value. (0->255 and 0->1)
                   Text only file
S3D.poly.sit.Hqx   Geometric desciption of 50 polyhedra
                   in Super3D text format.
                   Mac application that reads Super3D text
-- Utilities ------
Anamorphism.Hqx    Creates anamophic projections of PICTs
                   Mac II
MacRadiosity.Hqx   Radiosity example from ATG
                   Mac II
3DController.Hqx   Example interfaces fr 3D revolution
                   Mac II
PlotSpool.Hqx      Plot spooler for serial plotters
                   Any Mac
Triang.sit.Hqx     Mesh generator from random samples           hobbes/lbl.gov
                   on some surface (Delauney triangulation
                   or user specified mesh resolution)
                   Exports DXF, Super3D, Radiance)
                   Mac II
                   Includes manual
                   MS Word 4
BitSurface.Hqx     Converts a colour PICT into a 3D surface
                   where the height is proportional to the
                   pixel intensity.
                   Exports DXF, Super3D, Radiance files
                   Mac II
HyperSpace.Hqx     4D geometry explorer
                   Mac II
-- Vision3D ------
Vision3D.Hqx       Full featured facet based 3D modeller        hobbes.lbl.gov
Vision3Dman.Hqx    Manual for the above                         hobbes.lbl.gov
Vision3Dmsc.Hqx    Miscellaneous files
                   Mac II
-- Fractals -------
IFS.Hqx            Iterated function systems
                   Geometric and strange attractor
                   Mac II
LSystem.sit.Hqx    Lindenmayer systems (2D)
                   Mac II
                   Manual enclosed
                   MS Word 4
Fractal.sit.Hqx    Implements over 30 fractal and chaotic
                   systems. Recommend 8 bit colour minimum.
                   Mac II

william@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (William Cheng) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun8.055325.16574@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> pdbourke@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Paul David Bourke) writes:
>Sample of stuff available by anonymous ftp from
>   ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (130.216.1.5)
>in the
>   architec
>directory.
>
>If you get any of this and then upload it another site please inform me so
>that I can add to the "Also available from" list.

When you login to that site anonymously, you get the following message:

   *    PLEASE DO NOT TRANSFER FILES FROM THIS ARCHIVE IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE
   *    NEW ZEALAND.
   *
   *    We make this request because we are a long way away from the rest of the
   *    world and our connection to you is via a very expensive satellite link.
   *    We PAY for the traffic on that link regardless of its origin.

I would like to respect their wishes.  So, is there an alternative
site for anonymous ftp?
--
Bill Cheng // UCLA Computer Science Department // (213) 206-7135
3277 Boelter Hall // Los Angeles, California 90024 // USA