[comp.graphics] Stupid Question re Luxo Jr

cjl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Charles J. Lord) (06/07/91)

Dumb question #3894645:

I was watching Sesame Street with my 5-year-old the other day and
saw some animated shorts of a pair of (Luxo?) lamps.  One short had
a larger and smaller lamp playing with a ball (balloon?), when the
smaller lamp rolls a bowling ball to the larger lamp, pushing it out
of frame.  Being one of the three people on this group that *hasn't*
seen Luxo Jr, I have to ask: Were these scenes from LJ?  They were
certainly impressive enough.

[note: if you don't know what Luxo Jr is, please do not post or mail
to ask, read the FAQ file/posting]
--
 *  Charles Lord               ..!decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!cjl  Usenet (old) *
 *  Cary, NC                   cjl@ecsvax.UUCP            Usenet (new) *

thant@horus.esd.sgi.com (Thant Tessman) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun6.200406.9520@ecsvax.uncecs.edu>, cjl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Charles J. Lord) writes:

Dumb question #3894645:

> I was watching Sesame Street with my 5-year-old the other day and
> saw some animated shorts of a pair of (Luxo?) lamps.  One short had
> a larger and smaller lamp playing with a ball (balloon?), when the
> smaller lamp rolls a bowling ball to the larger lamp, pushing it out
> of frame.  Being one of the three people on this group that *hasn't*
> seen Luxo Jr, I have to ask: Were these scenes from LJ?  They were
> certainly impressive enough.

They were the same lamps.  But they weren't scenes from the movie.
My guess is that they were made special for Sesame Street by Pixar.

I got a real kick out them.

thant@sgi.com

aaa@pixar.com (Tony Apodaca) (06/11/91)

In an article, thant@horus.esd.sgi.com (Thant Tessman) writes:
>In an article, cjl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Charles J. Lord) writes:
>> I was watching Sesame Street with my 5-year-old the other day and
>> saw some animated shorts of a pair of (Luxo?) lamps.
>
>My guess is that they were made special for Sesame Street by Pixar.

Good guess!
--
UUCP:		{sun,ucbvax}!pixar!aaa		Tony Apodaca
Internet:	aaa@pixar.com			Pixar, Richmond, CA, USA