[comp.graphics] Where is PD landsat

mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Michael Stephen Zajac) (06/20/91)

Are there any public archives containing satellite data (from Landsat,
SPOT or Noah)?  The actual data or GIF images would both be helpful.

Michael Zajac
mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca

glenn8@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Glenn Stowe) (06/21/91)

mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Michael Stephen Zajac) writes:

>Are there any public archives containing satellite data (from Landsat,
>SPOT or Noah)?  The actual data or GIF images would both be helpful.

>Michael Zajac
>mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca

me too.

----
Glenn Stowe
glenn8@odie.cs.mun.ca

janzen@mprgate.mpr.ca (Martin Janzen) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun20.161024.19312@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, mzajac@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Michael Stephen Zajac) writes:
>Are there any public archives containing satellite data (from Landsat,
>SPOT or Noah)?  The actual data or GIF images would both be helpful.

I don't know where you can FTP images like this, but I remember seeing a
flight simulator called "Aviator" which apparently used Landsat data to
provide *very* realistic-looking terrain.  It was written by Sun Microsystems
to show off their GX graphic accelerator, so you may be able to find out more
from your local Sun dudes.

--
Martin Janzen                     janzen@mprgate.mpr.ca (134.87.131.13)
MPR Teltech Ltd.                  Phone: (604) 293-5309

(Another U of Manitoba grad :-)