[comp.graphics] Rastergraphics and Animation

marsha@acsu.buffalo.edu (john c marsha) (06/26/91)

Can anyone give me pointers or references on how to load
images (rasterfiles if possible) and show them back frame
by frame? I know this is possible in X11 but is there an easier
way instead of writing animation software (maybe using xloadimage
or some other function/package)

Thanks,

K.

wes@uh.msc.edu (Wes Barris) (06/26/91)

In article <81166@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, marsha@acsu.buffalo.edu (john
c marsha) writes:

> Can anyone give me pointers or references on how to load
> images (rasterfiles if possible) and show them back frame
> by frame? I know this is possible in X11 but is there an easier
> way instead of writing animation software (maybe using xloadimage
> or some other function/package)

The Utah Raster Toolkit provides conversion routines and display routines
for X.  This includes the ability to cycle through a series of images.  You
won't need to write any software -- just install the toolkit.  I don't know
exactly what you mean by "rasterfiles".  If you mean sun rasterfiles, you
can use the "rastorle" conversion program.  If you mean rasterfile in the
generic sense, you can use "rawtorle" to convert from raw raster to the
toolkit format.  If you mean rasterfile in any other sense, there is
probably a conversion tool for that too.

    o      _____           ||Wes Barris                    | | wes@msc.edu   |
  .][__n_n_|DD[  ====_____  |Minnesota Supercomputer Center| |(612) 626-8090 |
 >(________|__|_[_________]_|University of Minnesota_______|_|_FAX: 626-1596_|_
 _/oo OOOOO oo`  ooo   ooo  'o^o^o                    o^o^o` 'o^o         o^o`
"It's like a man who was blind all his life, then suddenly being given sight."