[comp.unix.questions] Help with command parsing under 4.2/Ultrix ?

pdb@sei.cmu.edu (Patrick Barron) (12/11/86)

I have to write a program under Ultrix that prompts for a bunch of commands.
Has anyone written anything to do matching on first unambiguous prefix,
command-name completion, and things like that (a la TOPS-20 COMND JSYS) ?

--Pat.

jbs@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Jeff Siegal) (12/12/86)

In article <482@aw.sei.cmu.edu.sei.cmu.edu> pdb@sei.cmu.edu (Patrick Barron) writes:
>I have to write a program under Ultrix that prompts for a bunch of commands.
>Has anyone written anything to do matching on first unambiguous prefix,
>command-name completion, and things like that (a la TOPS-20 COMND JSYS) ?
>
>--Pat.

Look at C-Kermit (see mod.protocols.kermit for more info).

Jeff Siegal