[comp.unix.questions] GRIPE: flippant changing of headers

mats@forbrk.UUCP (02/23/87)

I have been trying hard *not* to follow the discussion about withdrawing
mail, once posted. I decided rather quickly that I had no further interest.
I have been persistently using the "rn" 'k' command to junk all the articles
with that subject - but people keep changing the damn Subject: line to
something else. This morning (after a long weekend) I ran across at least
eight different headers, all followups to the same article.

I can understand changing the Subject: line when the discussion has drifted
and is no longer strictly on the course it started on, but can we please
keep context where it is really being preserved? Really makes things a bit
easier (this is a *general* request, nothing specific to the mail discussion)

Mats Wichmann
Fortune Systems

len@geac.UUCP (Leonard Vanek) (03/02/87)

In article <190@forbrk.UUCP> mats@forbrk.UUCP (Mats Wichmann) writes:

>I can understand changing the Subject: line when the discussion has drifted,
>but can we please
>keep context where it is really being preserved?

I heartily agree. Not only is it hard to kill a subject I am not
interested in, but it is also hard to follow one (using ctrl-N)
that I AM interested in.

Len Vanek