[comp.unix.questions] Netiquette

mwm@eris.UUCP (03/05/87)

In article <143@tdi2.UUCP> brandon@tdi2.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) writes:
>PLEASE REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERYONE IS RUNNING THE C SHELL UNDER 4.3BSD ON A
>VAX!!!!!!!

Yup. This is why, when posting questions, you should _always_ specify
the environment; as completely as possible.

If you don't specify, then people will assume you're using what
they're most familiar with, which may or may not be what you're using,
so the answers may or may not be applicable. If the original post had
said what system they were on, this (probably) wouldn't have happened.

	<mike

But I'll survive, no you won't catch me,		Mike Meyer
I'll resist the urge that is tempting me,		ucbvax!mwm
I'll avert my eyes, keep you off my knee,		mwm@berkeley.edu
But it feels so good when you talk to me.		mwm@ucbjade.BITNET