[comp.unix.questions] Maximum process size.

lou@hoxna.UUCP (03/19/87)

	In Sys5 , is there a parameter I can set to control
the maximum process size ?  I RTFM, and either missed it, or
it's not there.

                                                 lou @ hoxna

guy%gorodish@Sun.COM (Guy Harris) (03/23/87)

>	In Sys5 , is there a parameter I can set to control
>the maximum process size ?  I RTFM, and either missed it, or
>it's not there.

It's not there, unless the S5 you're running on has had something
like the 4BSD resource limit stuff added to it (or started out as a
4BSD system and kept the resource limit stuff).

eugene@apple.UUCP (03/23/87)

In article <1157@hoxna.UUCP> lou@hoxna.UUCP writes:

>	In Sys5 , is there a parameter I can set to control
>the maximum process size ?  I RTFM, and either missed it, or
>it's not there.
>
>                                                 lou @ hoxna

I vaguely remember updating a system parameter called MAXPROC
which was given in clicks, to up the system wide process limit.
Grep around the sys include files.
This was on a System V r2 Vax...
-et

eugene@apple.UUCP (03/23/87)

In the past article, I was mistaken.  MAXMEM is used for
physical memory size of the machine.
-et

det@herman.UUCP (03/25/87)

In article <550@apple.UUCP>, eugene@apple.UUCP (Eugene Tsuno) writes:
> I vaguely remember updating a system parameter called MAXPROC
> which was given in clicks, to up the system wide process limit.

It was probably MAXMEM (in clicks) in /usr/include/sys/param.h

derek