[comp.unix.questions] "talk" or "phone" type program for system V ...

mitchell@cadovax.UUCP (04/04/87)

Does anyone know of or have a public domain "talk" (ala BSD) or "phone" (ala
VMS) type program that runs under System V.2 or Xenix?

Thanks.

--
Mitchell Lerner
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!mitchell

dave@sdeggo.UUCP (04/05/87)

In article <1462@cadovax.UUCP>, mitchell@cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
> Does anyone know of or have a public domain "talk" (ala BSD) or "phone" (ala
> VMS) type program that runs under System V.2 or Xenix?
> --
> Mitchell Lerner
> #  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!mitchell
> #  cadovax!mitchell@ucla-locus.arpa

I wrote one up a while ago.  It's a little tacky, since right now it runs
through pipes (ugh!) and eventually I'll rewrite it to use shared memory.
Anyhow, if anyone wants it, send me some mail and I'll drop off a copy.

--
David L. Smith
sdcsvax!sdamos!sdeggo!dave, ihnp4!jack!man!sdeggo!dave, hp-sdd!crash!sdeggo!dave