[comp.unix.questions] Book on curses

jack@csccat.UUCP (04/11/87)

Does anyone know of a book that explains curses librarys in it, Others
have told me to examine other code that uses it but I found this to
be a frustating task.

Thanks in Advance.

--
Jack Hudler, Computer Support Corporation, Carrollton,Texas 75006 (214)661-8960

dougs@sequent.UUCP (04/15/87)

In article <96@csccat.UUCP>, jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) writes:

> Does anyone know of a book that explains curses librarys in it

Try the nutshell series (#4 I believe).  It is a handy intro if
you are new to the utility.

Write:

O'Reilly & Associates
171 Jackson St.
Newton, Ma 02159

BTW, there was an interesting review of the series in a recent ;login
issue (USENIX newsletter).  The reviewer hated some of the books; however,
he claimed the book on curses was a big help.

Doug Schwartz
Sequent
...!tektronix!ogcvax!sequent!dougs

mark@cogent.UUCP (04/19/87)

In article <2546@sequent.UUCP> dougs@sequent.UUCP writes:
>In article <96@csccat.UUCP>, jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) writes:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a book that explains curses librarys in it
>
>Try the nutshell series (#4 I believe).  It is a handy intro if
>you are new to the utility.

The book is even more helpful if you have a curses library that works
worth beans, which I do not.
|     Mark Steven Jeghers: the terrorist smuggling CIA weapons to Libya      |
|     {ihnp4,cbosgd,lll-lcc,lll-crg}|{dual,ptsfa}!cogent!mark                |
|     Standard Disclaimer:  Contents may have settled during shipment.       |