[comp.unix.questions] nmake

jmc@ptsfa.UUCP (Jerry Carlin) (04/23/87)

We are having a "fight" with the new make (nmake) from the AT&T toolchest.
We've had bus errors when trying certain tasks and some of the default
rules are giving us trouble (the :: does not handle diverse objects well).
I can't even remake nmake with the "n"Makefile that came with nmake.

Is there any one out there who has used nmake who can answer questions
or give us patches.

We'd really like to use nmake - it is much more powerful than make.

--
voice: (415) 823-2441	uucp: {ihnp4,lll-crg,ames,qantel,pyramid}!ptsfa!jmc
CompuServe: 73075,1133	GEnie: jerrycarlin

billj@zaphod.UUCP (05/02/87)

In article <2958@ptsfa.UUCP> jmc@ptsfa.UUCP (Jerry Carlin) writes:
>Is there any one out there who has used nmake who can answer questions
>or give us patches.

I have for some months had nmake well patched and happily running on
several different machines here including an Ultrix (4.2BSD) Vax, a
Zilog S8000, and a Sun 3 (I think -- it broke before I finished my
testing).  Moreover, I've fixed it to run with the V7-vintage Bourne
shell as well as Korn.  I'm also interested in hearing of others'
fixes and usage tips, and am willing to exchange patches.
--
Bill Jones, Develcon Electronics, 856 51 St E, Saskatoon S7K 5C7 Canada
uucp:  ...ihnp4!sask!zaphod!billj               phone:  +1 306 931 1504