[net.cooks] Recipe for Iced Tea or L.I. Iced Tea

ogre@whuts.UUCP (LOCOCO) (07/24/85)

A week or so ago, there was an article pertaining to the Long Island
Iced Tea and its formula(listed below). I inquired as to the added ingredient
of Tequila to the other liquors of Vodka, Gin, Rum, and Triplesec.
Orange juice and cola in small quantities are also ingredients according
to the article I read. Does anyone know what the ingredients are and
if there is a difference between an Iced Tea and a Long Island Iced Tea?

From postnews Fri Jul 19 08:20:11 1985
Subject: Re: Long Island Iced Tea
Newsgroups: net.cooks

> The drink you describe sounds like an Iced Tea to me! The other ingredients
> are orange juice (just a drop, really), and coke. More for color than
> taste.
> The proportions I use are, equal parts in a ice-filled glass of rum, vodka,gin
> and trpile-sec. Splash with a little OJ, and a dash of coke. (the OJ is to
> make it cloudy, the  coke is to make it dark) Stir.
>
> I really don't know why it's called a Long Island Iced Tea, I think it was the
> house drink at some night club on the Island somewhere.

	I thought that an Iced Tea also contained Tequila. A friend of mine
related a story to me about a bartender from the Jersey shore that described
the drink to contain the five whites: VODKA, GIN, RUM, TEQUILA, & TRIPLESEC.
Perhaps this is the difference between LI I.T. & regular I.T. Would someone
on the net please verify if you know.

     \   /
    |\\ / |
    | \|  |